I usually do one thing that is a treat for my senses and one thing that is a quick win and will give me a sense of accomplishment that will inspire me to carry on.
- Wash your hands - feel the warm fresh water and soft silky soap remove all the days grime, finish with some hand cream, any old tube for hands that feel 100 times better.
- Take off your shoes and stretch your toes - maybe this is an extra special treat for me as I have large feet and it is always a challenge to find well fitting footwear but the feeling of your toes all free and wriggling after the days jobs are done.
- Listen to your favourite song - music can make even the most mundane task enjoyable, so turn on your stereo and enjoy some audible therapy.
- A glass of water - when your not sure whether you need the peace that a cup of tea brings or the buzz of coffee opt for water, I like mine at room temperature so I can drink the whole glass in one go, but I think I may be a bit weird in this case so feel free to add ice and all that jazz!
- Get Outside - take the dog or children for a walk, or just go have a snack in the open air, feel the sun on your face and the fresh air then come back refreshed.
- Do the job you were dreading - If, like me, you could win medals for procrastination, go do whatever it is you are putting off and feel how great it is to have proved yourself wrong, see it wasn't so bad after all.
- Paint your nails - Have a rummage around in your nail varnish collection and paint your nails, then see how much better you feel about yourself.
- Take some pictures - grab your camera and look around your home, garden or neighbourhood for beauty, it could be the faces of your children or the changes of the season, whatever works for you.
- Clean something - the focus can take your mind off other worries and leave you with a small sense of achievement and order within the chaos.
- Declutter Something - anything... be it your pen pot or your handbag, this is an easy quick win that will leave you feeling better about your environment and more organised.
And if all else fails go grab a coffee!